It has been a long time since I posted a recipe. Sometimes I choose to eat rather than take photos of it. And since I am the one cooking, I couldn’t get my hands on my phone or my camera.
As of this writing, I am insanely full. Sinigang became a mainstay in our dinner table and we got sick of it. So we decided to make use of the available resources inside the fridge.
If you want to know how to make one, keep on reading.
- Chicken Breast
- Romain Lettuce
- Pesto Sauce
For the sauce:
- Tomato Ketchup
- Soy Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Water to dillute saltiness
- Cook chicken breast in boiling water half way through.
- Make the sauce. Combine soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, and water.
- Once the chicken is done, slice it into about quarter inch thick.
- Pan fry it. Before it turns golden brown, pour the sauce. Let it reduce.
- Prepare the bread. Cut in in half and spread the pesto sauce in one side. Toast.
- Assemble your sandwich.
If I remembered correctly, this is similar to the Chicken Pesto Ciabatta of Starbucks. I kind of copy the taste.
Hence, my tummy had a wonderful midnight snack.