*Long post and photo overload*
It’s 1.30 am on my clock and I am still wide awake.
Last Friday I received a Facebook comment requesting for a smokey eyes, I can simply say that there are tons of tutorial in Youtube. I am not quite sure if it’s easy to follow a look through reading.
My best friend told me that it’s still different if the steps came from a trusted friend.
So I hope you will like the look I did. (Shout out to Klang and Joven)
I called this classic smokey eyes because I used gray, silver, and black. Nowadays we can play around with different colors and achieve the same effect.
I used the Dollface Vanity Palette for this.
I wish I could put up a video for this so that I do not have to make long explanations.
So I am jotting down tips first.
- Prime your eyes – It makes the color more vivid and will make it last longer.
- Slowly build the colors – since this is a dark makeup it’s hard to erase mistakes.
- Blend – as much as possible avoid harsh edges especially on the crease area.
- Add demi lashes or full false lashes if desired. Blend it with your own lashes using a mascara.
As for the e/s application (use the legend in the above palette)
- Apply #2 on the entire lid
- Apply #3 on the outer v extending the color to your crease
- Overlay #4 on your outer v and crease area as well
- Blend until the smokey eye effect is achieve
- You can add more #4 if you like
- Apply #4 halfway on to your lower lash line
- Apply #1 on the center of your lids, inner corner, and the other half of your lower lash line
- Line your waterlines using your blackest eyeliner pencil.
- Apply white or peach e/s on your brow bone.
- Curl your lashes, place your false lashes (optional) and apply mascara.
- Define your brows.
For the rest of the face
- Contour your face (cheek bone and nose)
- Add a subtle cheek color
- Apply nude lipstick (I used concealer) and top it off with a pink lip gloss.
Here’s the look
Elf Mineral Infused Primer
Lola Masquerade Foundation
Elf E/s primer and sealer
Elf Overall Concealer
Covergirl Eyebrow Pencil
Dollface Vanity Palette V2
Saizen False Eyelashes
The Body Shop Baked Bronzer
Loreal 6H Glamshine Lip Gloss
How do you find this look? Great for night outs.
I will perfect the foundation routine next time, I did this for FOTD purposes only.
Thank you for liking the photos on Facebook guys, I really appreciate it.
I am sleepy.