Before I totally consumed this delicious snack my colleague Jen gave me. I believe I should share it.
This is called Palitaw because of the way it was cooked. It is made from rice flour tossed in boiling water, when ready it just floats.
Litaw means pop out / occurrence and Pa is a prefix to indicate the manner. Enough explaining let’s move on to the ingredients.
- Rice Flour (malagkit)
- Sesame Seeds (Linga)
- Grated Coconut (Niyog)
To cook it,
- Prepare rice flour by add water until the right consistency is achieved.
- Get a spoonful and make circle on your palm and then pressed it.
- Set aside
- Boil water
- While waiting for the water to boil, toast sesame seeds.
- Add the palitaw in the boiling water. Wait until they float one by one.
- Roll it over the coconut husk
- Sprinkle sugar and sesame seeds
I am hoping that I used the right terms and you can follow. Palitaw is my favorite native snack. Let’s talk about Suman (Rice Cake) some time.
Comment below if you have a question.