Accomplished Para-athletic Champions Choose to Represent Company
STOCKHOLM, May 19, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Twenty-three of the world’s most accomplished para-athletes, including many of the most decorated World Recorder-holders and Paralympic champions, have been named to Team Össur, an inspirational group of accomplished global athletes and company brand ambassadors, the global prosthetics and orthopaedics innovator announced today.
Össur has been a leader in advanced sports prosthetic technologies for decades, with a legacy that began with the iconic Cheetah® running blade and has continued unmatched through a growing line of sports prosthetics innovations that remain synonymous with para-athletic accomplishment.
Featuring extraordinarily accomplished athletes from around the world, all of whom choose Össur products for their daily life and sports pursuits, the current Team Össur roster includes:
- Femita Ayanbeku, Athletics, USA
- Marko Cheseto Lemtukei, Marathon, USA
- Jody Cundy, Cycling, GREAT BRITAIN
- Marlene van Gansewinkel, Athletics, THE NETHERLANDS
- Fleur Jong, Athletics, THE NETHERLANDS
- Shunsuke Itani, Athletics, JAPAN
- Mohamed Lahna, Triathlon and Cycling, USA
- Noelle Lambert, Athletics, USA
- Marie-Amélie Le Fur, Athletics, FRANCE
- Liisa Lilja, Triathlon, FINLAND
- Ntando Mahlangu, Athletics, SOUTH AFRICA
- Liu Meng, Table Tennis, CHINA
- Trenten Merrill, Athletics, USA
- Maya Nakanishi, Athletics, JAPAN
- Marissa Papaconstantinou, Athletics, CANADA
- Abassia Rahmani, Athletics, SWITZERLAND
- Markus Rehm, Athletics, GERMANY
- Stefanie Reid, Athletics, GREAT BRITAIN
- Helgi Sveinsson, Athletics, ICELAND
- Beatrice (Bebe) Vio, Wheelchair Fencing, ITALY
- Daniel Wagner, Athletics, DENMARK
- Richard Whitehead, Athletics, GREAT BRITAIN
- Hunter Woodhall, Athletics, USA
"We are honored that such accomplished athletes choose to work with Össur. They each continue to set new standards in their athletic careers and are changing the world’s perception of what is possible. They are positive role models and champions in their own right," said Jon Sigurdsson, President and CEO of Össur. "We are grateful for the close partnerships we have, which motivate all of us at Össur to continue progressing in our rich, 50-year history of innovation and technological leadership."
According to Sigurdsson, Össur is equally proud to be associated with a broader group of distinguished individuals, many of whom also compete on the world’s stage, as company Ambassadors.
"Knowing that people the world over recognize and choose Össur as the uncontested ‘gold standard’ in prosthetic technologies is extremely rewarding," Sigurdsson said. "Whether they are on a quest for the podium or are seeking to accomplish the next major goal in their lives however they define it, everyone at Össur remains deeply committed to continuing to innovate on behalf of all individuals of all abilities and levels, so even more people may enjoy a life without limitations."
Edda H. Geirsdottir
VP Corporate Communications & PR
+354 664 1055
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
The following files are available for download:
Team Össur members