I am proud that my dad thought me how to cook. Since 5th grade I was exposed in the Kitchen. I learned how to cook Filipino Dishes.
Whenever I am home (Laguna) my parents and siblings request for a dish. I cooked my dad’s specialty for tonight.
Forgive my kitchen photo.
Here are the ingredients:
– 1 kilo beef
– 1 cup potatoes
– 1 cup carrots
– 1/2 cup bell pepper
– 1 small can chick peas
– 2 small can liver spread
– 2 cups tomato sauce
– 1/2 cup tomato paste
– 2 cups beef stock
– minced garlic, onion, tomato
– Bay Leaf
– Simmer beef until tender, set aside the stock
– sauté garlic, onion, tomato
– put the cooked beef
– add tomato sauce, tomato paste, beef stock, peppercorn and bay leaf. Let it simmer for 5 minutes
– add chick peas, let it cook, then add the fried potatoes and tomatoes
– add chili, liver spread, pickles
– let it simmer for another 5 minutes and then add bell peppers
Make sure the beef is really tender before proceeding otherwise you won’t enjoy eating it.
There are a lot of ways to cook this dish and for me this is the easiest. My family and dogs enjoyed the dish.
Happy Sunday to all!