Let us test my memory by reviewing the 10 wardrobe essentials discussed by Ms. Kat Dy. She tackled the must have pieces for women in the corporate world.
She started with questions that we should ask to ourselves.
- What is my Body Type? What styles flatter my figure best?
- What is the dress code in the office?
- What is my typical day like? Lifestyle?
- What trends I can incorporate in my wardrobe?
So here are the essentials….
images from Google
1. Shift Dress
2. Wide Leg Pants
4. Peplum Top
5. Button Down Shirt
6. Sweater / Tee
7. Printed Pants
8. Slim Skirt
9. Structured Satchel
- The key is to mix and match.
- Choose neutral colors like black, navy blue, beige, gray, and white as it goes along with other colors, textures, and pieces.
- Accessorize. Put a nice earrings or a necklace. Bangles are great too.
- Try to achieve a leaner figure when dressing up. We do not want to look baggy in the office.
- Wear clothes that can transform from Day to Night.
- Accentuate your assets. Show off your curves and those sexy necklines. >>Show them one at a time <<
- Be confident and comfortable with what you are wearing.
- Show your mood by adding color with these staple pieces.
I injected my personal inputs with the tips I learned from Ms. Kat Dy. I hope you learned also.
Visit her blog www.katdyfinds.com to learn more.
Thank you BDJ for having Ms. Kat Dy.