Food Cravings / Aversion: None
Featured Product/s: Tea Concept Sleep Tea, Neutriherbs Essential Oils, Eleven Eleven Candles
I’ve read it’s common for pregnant women to be anxious. First-time moms will experience worries about the shift that will happen in their lives. While browsing, I also encounter the term prenatal depression, which is more common than we imagined. In most cases, if you are diagnosed with depression, you’ll carry it over through pregnancy, leading to postpartum depression.
Four days before my check-up, anxiety crippled my night. I cannot sleep with crying, and I do not want to wake up knowing that I’ve got many catching up to do.
My pregnancy worries
My Career – I am pressured to work harder to earn more, but my pregnancy will be a hindrance.
Our Finances – We are not prepared for all the upcoming expenses that will incur as my pregnancy progresses.
My experience – Am I going to be okay as a mom?
I have so many thoughts and feeling guilty that I never wanted for this pregnancy, which I prayed for years to happen.
On Thursday that week, I spoke to my doctor. Aside from the regular points that she monitors, I asked if I can do something with my sleep and busy mind.
She told me to take it easy and stop thinking. She also advised me to take chamomile tea before bedtime, so I’ll be able to drift away easily.
I tried following her advice; hence, I got some products to help me with my situation.
TEACONCEPT Sleep Tea
When searching for a tea, I went to Tea Concept as I’ve tried their women tea before trying to regulate my period and improve my mood.
More than the chamomile as the main ingredient, it has Keemun Black Tea, Orange Peels, Chamomile, Mint, Lavender.
- Improves sleep quality with the soothing properties of chamomile and lavender; helps you stay sound asleep throughout the evening
- Induces deep relaxation with a calming blend of orange lily, spearmint, and passionflower
- Regular intake allows for more consistent, easy drifting into a good night’s rest
How to use:
- Place one tea bag in a cup.
- Add boiling water and steep for 3-5 minutes. To make a pot, add multiple tea bags (1 teabag per 1 cup of tea) into a teapot and brew for 3-5 minutes.
I have no fallen asleep as soon as I took the tea, but my sleep was undisturbed throughout the night, which was a good thing.
It was just on the expensive side for ten teabags per pack.
NEUTRIHERBS Aromatherapy Essential Oils
Even before pregnancy, I love essentials oils. When I was looking for new blends, I saw this set from BeautyMNL. The set includes:
- Stress Relief Blend: Alleviates hypertension; improves mood levels
- Relaxation Blend: Promotes feelings of ease and tranquillity; brings about a state of peace
- Refreshing Blend: Boosts concentration and alertness; invigorates the senses
- Calm Blend: Reduces feelings of grief, worry, panic, and depression
- Romance Blend: Creates a sensual atmosphere; brings about emotions of love
- Good Night Blend: Promotes a restful sleep
- Stress Relief Blend Essential Oil: Orange Sweet, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Lavender, Geranium, Bergamot Oils
- Relaxation Blend Essential Oil: Citrus Aurantium, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Lavender, Frankincense, Patchouli Oils
- Refreshing Blend Essential Oil: Peppermint, Lemongrass, Pine Needle, Basil, Citronella, Rosemary Oils
- Calm Blend Essential Oil: Chamomile, Orange Sweet, Pine Needle, Cinnamon, Lavender, Sandalwood Oils
- Romance Blend Essential Oil: Cinnamon, Ylang Ylang, Basil, Pine Needle, Rose, Sweet-Scented Osmanthus Oils: Citrus Reticulata, Eucalyptus, Chamomile, Lavender, Sage Clary Oils
My favorite is the Romance blend and Calm blend. I used the Refreshing blend in my office to uplift my mood while working.
Aromatherapy has many benefits, and the target of each essential oil varies from what health concern you are trying to address.
For me, I go for mood improvement and sleep, of course.
11:11 Candle Co
Scented candles can also improve the mood and ambiance of any room. I do not lit my small collection as I do not want to consume them. My mood improves by just looking at them.
For 11:11 Candles, my friend and colleague Kaycee of themachomom.com gifted me one, and I bought two more jars.
Unlike other candles, 11:11 Candles fills in the entire room within five minutes of lighting them. The blend is spot on; It is a fixer-upper.
I lit my candles at work, and whenever I meditate and smudge the entire house.
It complements the smell of a burning sage.
Treatment for pregnancy anxiety
Anxiety during pregnancy is a common situation that many women will experience at some point. If your case becomes severe, please talk to your doctor as it may affect your baby’s growth and might cause risks like preeclampsia, premature birth, and low birth weight.
Here are the other tips I find helpful:
- Talk to someone
- Find an outlet
- Move your mind
- Get some rest
- Start a journal
- See your doctor
The sooner we acknowledge our situation, the sooner we’ll be able to cope up.
I still have sleepless nights thinking about the future, but a little mindfulness helps me cope up.
Are you experiencing the same thing? Let me know below how you are managing it.