Our Belgian Malinois gave birth to eight beautiful puppies last month. Unfortunately, one died, they say it is called the fading puppy syndrome. Because of my fascination with the puppies I visited home more often.
Thank goodness to my flexible work, I can be anywhere.
I finally updated my period app
If you are wondering why my title is PCOS and Puppies, I would also like to share that after 428 days, I got my period (Good news, right?). The feeling is ecstatic because I didn’t have to rely on oral contraceptive pills just to have normal ovulation and cycle.
In shocked cause, I thought it was abnormal bleeding and to have experienced menstruation after such a long time I feel sixteen again.
What I did for my PCOS
To give you an
- Jogging 2-3 times per week plus HIIT exercises. I use the appWorkout for Women, and it is easy to follow, and you don’t need much equipment.
- I also subscribed for a 90-day health transformation from Healthy Meals PH. They assessed me to have at least 1500 calories per day. Of course, I am not perfect. I still eat more than my calorie count. And although I lost 3 kilograms while in the program, I still have a long way to go.
- Used essential oils too. I purchased the Progessence plus by Young Living which I apply on my neck and forearm every night (not consistent though).
- I drink detoxifying tea blends from different brands and take my supplements – Omega 3, Magnesium, Selenium, Zinc, Evening Primrose Oil, and Vitex.
- Tried crystal healing. I have moonstone, labradorite, rose quartz, amethyst, and other basic gems.
It actually confused me to know what worked. Maybe one of them or maybe altogether. The thing is I feel that the stress free environment of my parent’s place in Laguna plus the dogs made me so happy that I was able to divert my overthinking to just slowing down and enjoying my surroundings.
I have read so many books on how to correct PCOS, and the woman’s body is different from one another. I may still change what I do but I highly recommend to give it a holistic approach. Aside from healthy eating and adding exercise to your daily routine, being mindful of the things you do every day helps you de-stress and be on top of your life.
I pray my health will continue to improve. So if you are struggling with PCOS hang in there. Start being part of communities that can support you with your struggles.
And now… Doggos
And because puppies made me so happy, I am sharing more photos.
I am so in love with them.
Find your joy and breathe. I hope this entry made you smile and wish for the best.
Add me on social media for us to talk more.