I posted Pork Sisig yesterday and that was our lunch last Sunday. Here’s the dinner — Chicken Afritada. All kind of meat can be cooked in tomato sauce and we Filipinos call it different ways.
- Pork = Menudo
- Beef = Caldereta or Mechado
- Fish = Salciado
- Chicken = Afritada
Although you can mix and match them, these meat tastes better in their respective common cooking ways.
- Chicken (Whole or Specific Part)
- Potatoes, Carrots, Baguio Beans, Bell Pepper
- Tomato Sauce
- Onion & Garlic
- Salt Pepper & Sugar (to taste)
- Fish Sauce
How to cook
- Make sure you thoroughly clean the chicken and you washed your hands and utensils right away. We don’t want salmonela.
- Sear the chicken until skin is golden brown. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onion. Add back the chicken.
- Add fish sauce, pepper and 2 cups water.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Simmer. Add sugar.
- Add potatoes and carrots (you may fry them separately to reduce cooking time)
- After 10 minutes add the beans.
- After 5 minutes add bell pepper.
- Serve with rice.
No leftover. lol
How about doing cooking videos? What do you think?